Monday, January 4, 2010

Finally...our Thanksgiving pictures!

I have had the hardest time getting my pictures off my camera lately. I know...it's no excuse right! well, Tommy showed me a new way and it is waaaaaay easier than what I was doing so lo and behold...our vacations recently (our christmas pictures will be up this week as well--hopefully tomorrow---well, maybe). So we drove up to Maryland for Tommy's grandfather's 95th birthday party. It was a lot of fun especially for the kids. I got to make the cake and let me just brag a little bit...BUT IT WAS AWESOME! I'm not usually one for carrot (that's what he wanted) but this one was great! I had to make the Texas bluebell wildflowers by hand and it was a challenge let me tell you but it turned out pretty well!

Here is Grandpa Krebs (great-grandpa to the kids) giving a little speech!

Grandma Krebs doing the chicken dance with all the kids!


Cousins being silly (Katie in the hat, Devin, and Abby with Lucas and Garret in the background)


This is Thanksgiving day at Tommy's cousin, Roxanne's, house where Aiselyn is of course reading to Grandma. If some of you out there don't know much about Aiselyn, she loves to read! This is an understatement. She is only in Kindergarten but she probably reads at a 2nd grade level at least. She astonishes me quite frequently with what she reads. I hope my other kids will follow suite but I doubt it!


The after dinner snooze. This is classic of Tommy and Abby. Like father like daughter!


Here is Gabe and Lucas with a unique picture of two 1 year olds...barely one year olds...laying together still on the floor. Who does that? It was pretty fun. They actually camped out there for a while especially Gabe--he's such a laid back boy. He is truly awesome I must say!


So we were in the car going on a drive or something and Gabe insisted on holding both the girls hands. It was the sweetest thing ever! It may look like he's trying to get free, but it's only my poor picture taking skills at work. He and they were loving it. The girls would say things like, "awe, he's so cute!" or something to that effect. They're all silly!

So being in Maryland we had to catch up with our friends the Gish family. we met them to eat at a restaurant for dinner. we caught up on each other's lives and had fun hanging out for awhile. Here Gabe is sucking on lemon slices that come in your water! For some reason he thought they were pretty fine!

here we all are minus me of course..I'm taking the picture!


Here are the girls. They wanted their own picture taken and they are all so adorable. there's Lillian, Abby, Eleanor, and Aiselyn. The baby Camilla (well, she's like 2 or something but still she's their baby) isn't sitting with them.

thank you all so much for a wonderful time in Maryland. I know this is late and already January but it's better late than not at all...at least I like to think so! More to come soon on our latest exploits!

No comments: